Each batch of broth features one single location per farm-sourced ingredient, giving you the utmost transparency in understanding the origins of the food that you’re consuming.
- Chicken: Either Pitman Farms, CA or Smart Chicken, NE
- Shallots: John Tobias Farms, CA
- Carrots: Grimmway Farms, CA
- Ginger: Elisur Organics, Peru
- Turmeric: 4 Earth Farms, Fiji
In a world of shortcuts in our food systems, where broth bases are made with leftover chickens from varied and mysterious origins, we are taking the time to replicate a home-cooked broth at a large scale, where each farm is known and trusted.
The slow, long cooking time maximizes the flavor and nutrition of the broth. Stock is often made from just bones and vegetables (no meat), and simmered for a much shorter time—a couple of hours at the most.
- No need to reconstitute/add water. Straight out of the pouch, our broths are ready for action
- Microwave in the pouch or pour into a pot to heat on the stovetop
- Refrigerate any unused portions for up to a week after opening.
- Store unopened pouches at room temperature or in the fridge.
- Do not store pouches in the freezer. When frozen, the package barrier breaks down and the use-by date is no longer reliable.
- Paleo friendly
- Gluten free
- Soy free
- Dairy free
- Sugar free
- Low sodium (Unsalted Chicken Bone Broth only)
- USDA certified organic
- Made using chickens raised with no antibiotics or hormones
- All natural, with no artificial ingredients and minimal processing
Our broths are shelf-stable and thus they are safe to eat long past their due date. However, we have stamped each pouch with a best-by date 18 months from the date of manufacture for optimal flavor. Check the use-by date stamped on the side of each pouch. Once you open a pouch, you can refrigerate it for up to 7 days. Or you can pour the broth into a separate container to freeze.
- To keep bacterial growth at bay, do not let the broth rest between 41 and 141 degrees Fahrenheit for more than 4 hours
- Multiple defrosts and refreezes may affect the flavor of the broth
I absolutely love the new packages for the broth. The pour spout makes the packaging so easy to use! I love this broth and its versatility — I used it as a ramen base one day and drank the rest from a mug a couple days later. The flavors are so good! My only wish is that you could fit more broth in a pouch 🙂 but then it wouldn’t fit in the fridge…
— Morgan W.