3-ingredient stir fry sauce
Bone broth, salad dressing and corn starch come together to make a simple, delicious sauce for weeknight stir fries.
Servings: 4 people
Stir fry Sauce
- .75 cups Taking Stock Foods Ginger Turmeric Bone Broth
- .25 cups Prepared salad dressing with ginger e.g. Annie's Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp corn starch
Other Stir fry ingredients
- 8 cups mixed veggies, chopped into bite sized pieces we use a combination of carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, bell peppers, scallions etc.
- 2 tbsp high heat oil peanut oil is great, canola or untoasted sesame oil also work very well
- salt to taste
- cooked rice to serve
- Add cornstarch to the bottom of a 2 cup or larger bowl or measuring cup. Pour a small amount of Taking Stock Foods Classic Chicken Bone Broth (about 2 tablespoons) over the cornstarch and mix to create a paste. This step will prevent the cornstarch from clumping. Add the remaining broth and the salad dressing, stir to combine and set aside.
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium-high heat for about a minute. Once the pan has heated, add the oil and roll the pan to distribute the oil so that it coat the entire surface.
- Add veggies, dispersing them into a single layer. Let them sit for about 2 minutes, creating a hard sear on one side.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir veggies. Cover with a large lid and allow to cook/steam for about 4 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until mostly tender with a little snap.
- Return the heat to medium high. Mix stir fry sauce with a whisk or fork to redistribute cornstarch which has sunk to the bottom; pour over veggies. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Season with salt, to taste. Serve immediately with rice.