Broth bowls with rice noodles and spring vegetables
Rich, clear broth with a sweet and savory edge ties this dish together. Shredded chicken, spring vegetables and rice noodles round things out. Healing comfort food at its best.
- 2 cups Taking Stock Foods Ginger Turmeric Bone Broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5-2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz rice noodles We use Thai Kitchen stir fry rice noodles
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups bok choy, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 scallions, chopped, white and green parts divided
- 1 lime, cut into wedges to serve
- .25 cup chopped cilantro to serve
- hot sauce to serve
- In a large pot, bring broth, water, fish sauce, maple syrup and salt to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, turn heat down to medium high. Simmer uncovered until an internal temperature of 165 is achieved and juices run clear, about 25 minutes. Remove from broth, cool and shred.
- Cook rice noodles according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, return broth to a simmer. Add the asparagus, bok choy and white scallions. Cook for a few minutes, until tender.
- To serve, mound 1/4 of the noodles and 1/4 of the shredded chicken in the bottom of a large bowl. Pour 1/4 of the broth and vegetables over top. Garnish with a wedge of lime, cilantro and hot sauce. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve hot.