Pasta with zesty turkey herb sauce and broccoli
Ground turkey cooked with dried herbs, lemon zest and capers makes a delicious sauce to serve over pasta with broccoli for an easy weeknight meal.
- 12 oz dried pasta orecchiette or spirals work well
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, small dice about 1.5 cups
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup Taking Stock Foods Unsalted Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crumbled
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tbsp capers, drained
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt, to taste
- parmesan to serve
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat. Add olive oil, onions and garlic. Saute until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add turkey, breaking into small clumps to help brown more quickly. Cook without stirring for 4 minutes. Stir and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add dried herbs and Taking Stock Foods Unsalted Chicken Bone Broth to the turkey mixture. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook for 3 more minutes, until al dente. Add butter, 1 tbsp lemon juice, lemon zest, capers and parsley. Stir and taste, adding more salt or lemon juice as needed.
- When pasta is cooked, toss with the sauce and serve hot with parmesan cheese on the side.