Creamy sprouts with sundried tomatoes and capers
Serve this hearty sprout dish as a side or over pasta for a wonderful cold weather treat.
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes roughly chopped into small pieces
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound Brussles sprouts shaved
- 1 cup Taking Stock Foods Classic Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Combine the sundried tomatoes and the heavy cream in a small container. Allow to soak for at least 2 hours and up to 12.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shaved Brussels sprouts and let cook without stirring for 3-5 minutes. This will help the sprouts brown. Stir and continue to cook until the sprouts are well browned throughout, another 3-5 minutes.
- Add the Taking Stock Foods Classic Chicken Bone Broth, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes, if using. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes until sprouts are tender.
- Add the sundried tomatoes, the cream they were soaking in, and the capers. Stir to combine.
- Add the parmesan cheese. Taste for salt. Serve hot or warm.