Fresh spring salad
Use leftovers and convenience foods to throw together this substantial, bright salad in less than ten minutes!
- 1 cup cooked rice Great with any leftover rice! We used microwaveable frozen brown rice for the recipe pictured.
- 1 serving cooked chicken nuggets Leftover fried chicken or chicken strips work really well, too.
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup crunchy raw vegetables, chopped Jicama, carrots, radish and cucumber all are fantastic options.
- 1 scallion, rinsed of any dirt and chopped
- 1 handful roasted peanuts
- 5-10 leaves fresh mint, rinsed and chopped
- .5 cup Taking Stock Foods Ginger Turmeric Bone Broth
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp oil choose something with minimal flavor such as peanut, canola or olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- In a sealable container, combine all the salad dressing ingredients. This recipe makes enough for 3 big salads; refrigerate the leftovers for another day.
- Pour 1/3 of the salad dressing over the top of the salad. Toss and enjoy.