Mushroom barley salad
Chewy barley salad with mushrooms, smoked mozzarella and rosemary
- 3/4 cup pearl barley
- 2 cups Taking Stock Foods Classic Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound wild mushrooms, chopped shiitake, cremini, oyster
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 oz smoked mozzarella, cubed
- 2 scallions, greens only, sliced thinly
- Combine barley and Taking Stock Foods Classic Chicken Bone Broth in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer and cover pot. Simmer for 25-30 minutes, until tender and chewy. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, and cook until browned and fragrant. Add the rosemary and garlic and cook for a few minutes longer. Cool to room temperature.
- When barley and mushrooms are cooled, stir together in a large bowl. Add mozzarella. Garnish with green onions. Serve at room temperature. If refrigerating, allow to return to room temperature for 45 minutes before serving.