Summer chicken skillet
Fresh vegetables, herbs, chicken and broth. An easy weeknight meal served with rice or bread.
- 2 tbsp pine nuts toasted
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 zucchini rinsed and sliced into 3 inch planks
- 2 small tomatoes rinsed and quartered
- 3/4 cup Taking Stock Foods unsalted chicken bone broth
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- Heat a large skillet fitted with a cover over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken in your large skillet with garlic, turn the heat up to medium high and cook for 4 minutes or until the chicken is beginning to brown. Flip and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Turn the heat back down to medium. Add the zucchini, the tomatoes and the Taking Stock Foods unsalted chicken bone broth. Cover and cook for 6-10 minutes, until the zucchini is tender and the tomatoes are starting to fall apart.
- Remove the lid to sprinkle all over with parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Replace the lid and allow to cook for a couple more minutes, until the cheese is melty.
- Cover with basil leaves and serve hot.