No bean turkey chili
Easy, delicious turkey chili with no beans! This tasty weeknight meal has 8.5 g of net carbs per serving. It's also a set and forget meal - brown your turkey and combine it in a crockpot with the remaining ingredients, hours later it's ready to serve! Another reason to love this recipe is that it's served with lots of fixings. Have your's on a bed of veggies with sour cream and green onions, as pictured, or bulk it up with rice and cheese - everyone gets to have it their way!
Servings: 8 (1 cup) servings
- crock pot, frying pan, can opener
No bean turkey chili recipe
- 2 tbsp neutral tasting oil canola or grapeseed, for example
- 2 pounds ground turkey meat we used a 93 lean/ 7 fat variety
- 2 cups Taking Stock Foods Classic Chicken Bone Broth
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 oz diced green chilis
- .5 onion chopped
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp paprika sweet or smoked
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chili flakes less, depending on your taste; this is for a medium hot chili.
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups chopped vegetables, cooked in oil zucchini, bell peppers, cabbage and cauliflower are all good options combined or on their own.
- 15 oz kidney beans optional. Heat them up in a saucepan for 5 minutes.
- 16 saltine style crackers optional.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice optional.
- 1 tomato, chopped
- .5 onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add oil. Add the turkey. Resist the urge to stir right away so that the turkey can brown - once you stir it, it will release liquid. After 3 minutes, stir and break the turkey up. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until there is no longer any pink meat and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 more minutes.
- Plug in your crockpot. Add the remaining ingredients to the crock. Add cooked turkey to the crock. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- When chili is done cooking, stir and taste for seasoning. Add more salt and pepper, as needed. Serve with suggested fixings.