Pasta salad with kale and sausage
A warm salad with pearl couscous and peppers
Servings: 4 people
- Skillet with lid
- 2 cups Taking Stock Classic Bone Broth
- 1 cup Pearl couscous
- 12 ounces Chicken sausage
- 1 bunch Purple kale, rinsed or any other variety of kale
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 2 Roasted red peppers available jarred in oil or water, or roast your own
- 4 ounces Feta cheese
- In a medium saucepan, bring the Taking Stock Foods Classic Salted Bone Broth to a boil over high heat. Add the couscous. Turn the heat down to medium low. Cover the saucepan and cook for 10 minutes. The couscous will absorb all of the broth and be tender.
- While the couscous is cooking, slice the sausages into bite-sized coins. Remove the stems from the kale and chop or tear it into bite-sized pieces.
- Pour the olive oil into a large pan and heat over medium heat. Add the chicken sausage and cook for 5 minutes until beginning to brown. Add the kale, toss with the sausage and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Slice the roasted red peppers into long strips, then slice crosswise to create pieces resembling short matchsticks.
- In a large bowl, combine the couscous, the sausage and kale mixture, and the roasted red pepper. Crumble the feta cheese over the ingredients and toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.