Veggieful black bean soup
Black bean soup with 7 vegetables making it healthy and hearty.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- .5 medium yellow onion, chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped fine
- 1 baby bok choy, rinsed and chopped fine
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped fine
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed
- 2 cups Taking Stock Foods Unsalted Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups water
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, bok choy, carrot, celery and red cabbage. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, Taking Stock Foods Unsalted Chicken Bone Broth, salsa and water. Turn up the heat an bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat. If using an immersion blender, puree until smooth. If not, cool to room temperature and use a blender to puree until smooth.
- Serve warm, with pepitas or nutritional yeast (or both!)