Creamy peanut vegetable soup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional, omit for less spice
- 2 cups carrot, chopped
- 2 cups winter squash (butternut), peeled and chopped
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups Taking Stock Foods Ginger Turmeric Bone Broth
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 14.5 oz canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped optional
- salt, to taste
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add the curry, coriander and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, winter squash and zucchini. Cook until the zucchini begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium high. Add the water and Taking Stock Ginger Turmeric Bone Broth. Bring to a simmer and add the peanut butter, stirring until dissolved. Add the canned tomatoes.
- Turn heat down to medium, cook until the winter squash is soft, 10-15 minutes. Add the quinoa and season with salt to taste. Stir in the cilantro, if using. Serve hot or cold.