Beefy noodles with spring onions
Hamburger helper made better
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 2 bunches spring onions, greens removed and discarded, chopped about 1 cup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup Taking Stock Foods Classic Chicken bone broth
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 cup fontina or other mild creamy cheese, shredded
- In a large, heavy bottomed pot, melt the butter over medium heat until it bubbles. Add the onions and cook, undisturbed, for 3-5 minutes until you get color on them. Stir and cook 3 minutes further. Remove from pot and reserve.
- Crumble the beef into the same pot. Allow to cook, undisturbed, for about 5 minutes or until the bottom of the beef develops some good brown color. Stir and let cook for 3 more minutes. Stir the onions back in and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Do not drain the grease.
- Add tomato paste and bone broth. Turn heat down to low, cover, and let cook for about an hour.
- When ready to serve, cook penne pasta according to package directions. Stir into beef sauce, fold in shredded cheese and serve hot.