Brown rice pilaf with asparagus
A brown rice recipe with veggies and chicken. Full of flavor.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 cup brown rice, short grained
- 2 cups Taking Stock Unsalted Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/2 pound asparagus, woody ends snapped off, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp Swiss cheese, finely chopped
- Heat the butter in a medium pot or dutch oven. Add the onion and mushroom and saute over medium heat until they begin to brown and soften, 5-8 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat.
- Add the Taking Stock Unsalted Chicken Bone Broth, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer slowly for 35 minutes.
- Stir in the asparagus, cover, and continue to cook for 5 more minutes, until the asparagus is tender but not overcooked.
- Stir in the cheese and serve hot.