Quinoa zucchini chickpea salad
Pair with other summer staples when grilling out; doubles as a clean eating main course.
- 3/4 cup quinoa rinsed thoroughly
- 1 1/2 cup Taking Stock Foods Classic chicken bone broth
- 4 cloves garlic smashed and peeled
- 1/2 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 zucchini cut lengthwise into 4 long quarters
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- salt to taste
- Bring the rinsed quinoa, the Taking Stock Foods Classic chicken bone broth and the smashed garlic to a boil. Cover. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until quinoa grains are translucent. Fluff with a fork, add the chickpeas and cover until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, pour oil into a large pan. Sprinkle the 4 long quarters of zucchini liberally with salt and add them to the pan on one of their cut sides. Heat the pan to medium high, cook until dark brown, flip to the next cut side, cook until brown, flip onto green side, and cook for a few minutes more.
- Remove zucchini to a cutting board and chop into bite sized pieces. Add the zucchini and the lemon juice to the quinoa mixture. Taste and correct seasoning with salt. Serve warm or room temperature.